Thursday, December 18, 2014

December 18th -- Piet and I placed milk and cookies by the fireplace for Santa

Piet Mondrian, the Dutch De Stijl artist is so iconic -- recognizable by pretty much everyone, but special to me because the work jumped out at me on a high school field to the the AK . (along with the mirror room -- not Mondrian).  So here is a playful little painting called, "Piet and I placed milk and cookies by the fire place for Santa."  I love the precision, the clean rectangles of primary colors, and the sharp black lines.  For some reason, I thought crisp cold milk was the perfect pairing with this work, but not just any milk -- it had to be an old fashioned glass jar milk. My search for antique glass milk bottles brought me to a beautiful French one with the prefect diamond red label and lettering.  And what cookie? -- oreos, of course.  Not because I'm in love with oreos (although the filling is seriously good), but because they are pretty much black and white and perfect little discs. 

Piet and I placed milk and cookies by the fireplace for Santa
4" x 4" oil on board
mounted to white 5" x 5" frame




Sold

Thanks for looking.  Please note that unless you live in the WNY area, I probably won't be able to get this to you by the 25th.

Here is the Piet Mondrian I "appropriated" for my painting.

Composition #10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment