Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 6th -- Color Blocking

So I know it is probably wrong to have a favorite, but I think I might.  This little one is called Color Blocking (see side note below about title).  My first love in painting was color, geometric patterns of color -- this is one of the main reasons I chose to paint images of buildings.  I love beautiful, subtle greys and natural colors, but I also love intense saturated man-made color! 



Color Blocking
4" x "4
oil on gessoed hardboard
mounted on white 5" x 5" frame
SOLD


Title Side Note: I initially wanted to title this painting, "The Group W Bench."  I've seen Arlo Guthrie in concert quite a few times, and this line from Alice's Restaurant came to mind when I saw them all lined up.  But then I made the mistake of watching the segment of the movie that is related to this bit of the song (I'd never seen it!).  This is not the group W bench :-)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment