Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December 17th- Just a minute ago, I debated the significance of a peach with T.S. and Euan

Really long title for this little painting -- " Just a minute ago, I debated the significance of a peach with T.S. and Euan."  This painting draws it's influence from T.S. Eliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock," still my favorite poem after so very many years.  The lines related to this particular painting are
Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
 
and also these lines here... which influence my painting on a daily basis.

In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

The other voice in  this little painting is one of my greatest influences as a painter.  Euan Uglow -- a name I say with reverence.  I have translated much of his peach painting (see below) into my painting. 
Just a minute ago, I debated the significance of a peach with T.S. and Euan
4" x 4"
oil on board
mounted to white 5" x 5" frame

Sold



Peach I Young 1999
Euan Uglow

 

No comments:

Post a Comment