Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 9th -- Wake Up Little Susie

I love the red and shape of this little sewing machine by Vulcan -- and the box had all these wonderful yellows, greens and blues on it!  When I was 11, my mom gave me sewing lessons with her for Christmas.  She was a single mom with three kids -- time alone with her on a Saturday morning was really precious.  I never got very good at it.  But the lessons are one of the only Christmas presents that I really remember from being a kid, so sewing machines have a special place in my heart.  (The other very memorable present was a Sweet Bee She-ra Doll that my mom didn't know I had found before Christmas.)  The patent for this one is from 1957.  I'm calling this painting "Wake Up Little Susie"  #19 on the Billboard Charts for 1957. 

Wake Up Little Susie
4" x 4"
oil on gessoed hardboard mounted to 5" x 5" white frame
 
Sold






 



Sweet Bee


No comments:

Post a Comment