Thursday, December 11, 2014

December 11th -- Oft in Dreams I Wander

I love things nautical and navigational.  A beautiful compass is especially wonderful.  So here is my compass painting -- the reference is from a WWI compass.  My dad was a navigator and cartographer. I remember being head over heals my first year of college when I took a geography class.  For this painting, the "blueprint" is more of a map with lines of longitude and latitude.  I titled it "Oft in Dreams I Wander" from An Irish Lullaby ( Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ra).  My daughter sings it all the time, and it was one of my grandpa's favorite songs (he would have loved this compass I think!).


Oft in Dreams I Wander
4" x 4"
oil on gessoed hardboard
mounted to white 5" x 5" frame


$55.00 (+tax and shipping)

  Sold
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment