Friday, January 3, 2014

It's been awhile

So I can't even begin to capture the last two years of my artistic ventures in a blog post.  So instead I will share the process shots of one of my new paintings.  It is much like the last two years... a work laid in, and repeatedly tweaked.  Building a career as an artist is a very fluid thing; every decision opens some doors and closes other. I am really excited to be returning to my roots as an oil painter, but also to be venturing into uncharted territory!  This painting is called "a crowd of small" metamorphoses,"  title from Jean Paul Sartre's Nausea.  He writes, "a crowd of small metamorphoses accumulate in me without my noticing it, and then, one fine day, a veritable revolution takes place."  This is how I feel every day, especially when I paint.




No comments:

Post a Comment