Monday, January 24, 2011

Mattress Factory Visit

I took a trip to Pittsburgh this weekend with my little ones, and in addition to visiting the children's museum and the aviary, I brought the kids through the Mattress Factory.  The main show was Queloides: Race and Racism in Cuban Contemporary Art.  My brother, who's is an historian and knows a bit more about Cuban history and culture, was a  great source of information at the museum -- much of the commentary would have been lost on me without his help.  There was one artist whose work I found particulary powerful, René   Peña (nudity).  His striking large injets are quiet yet screaming.  I loved Black Marat in particular.  Although, I didn't understand the piece at the time, I was struck by Acending City by Roberto Diago.  Now that I read about its statement, I'm even more impressed.

2 comments:

  1. The rest of the deals range from $298-$988 for different types of matresses some are pillow tops while others are silk and wool pillow tops. http://www.amerisleep.com/mattresses.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus, there is no filler in this mattress and this is one reason why the price of a synthetic fleet manager

    ReplyDelete